Wednesday, 20 April 2011

The first blog!

Well, i'm not one for blogging. i have a facebook account but i'm not particularly active, i use it for connecting with some friends overseas. so i have to admit that this does feel a bit weird, but here goes.
Now i'm going to try very hard not to bang on about being a mum and my child because i know it can be super boring, but before i had a child my garden was wonderful and i spent lots of time designing and playing in it, 2 years ago I grew tomatoes and lettuce and leeks and loads of herbs, and used them all in my dinner parties and boasted about the fact that they came from my garden. Now, however my grass is barely mowed my mint is near dead along with my lemon verbena which both I over used in way too much tea.
it's a pretty sad state, my son likes watering the pavement and picking the green lemons of my dwarf lemon tree, I had this wonderful image of my kid and I doing the gardening together and it was going to be so sweet and fun, but i have a crazy kid who likes climbing the ladder and will not help weed or water plants. instead puts all the watering cans along with his teddy bears and himself fully clothed in to his pink kiddy pool.
Anyway I live in Northcote which has some wonderful gardens lots of front yard vegie patches and big water tanks that all the hippies love pointing out with lovely signs (which is great) but i'm actually going to go on to talk about the neighbours across the road from me whom i find quite fascinating as they have retired from Inverloch to the city.  they have done some great stuff with their yard, so stay tuned for John and shirley's back yard blitz.

No comments:

Post a Comment